A child with a purpose knowing what he wants to do next and is able to do it is the happiest. Out of this joy comes self confidence & willingness to work. If such a child is equipped with the right tools, there is no stopping his way to excellence.
Research proves that Early Education is critical because:
Brain development is most rapid in the early years
75% of neural connectivity is complete by the age of 7
When the quality of stimulation is deficient, child development is seriously affected.
Early years (2 to 6) is a unique stage of phenomenal brain development and learning in a child. The capacity to absorb concepts and learn is highest during this phase. Hence it is important to expose the child to a structured environment which will provide adequate and appropriate stimulus for learning.
Every child has an inherent nature and intelligence that is peculiar to him. This varies from child to child and is the most important factor to consider when the child comes to school.
For a child below 6, curriculum comprises the environment which in turn means the tools that we offer the child to learn. It is essential that a young child gets daily experience with learning aids which have specific usage, derived from the curriculum.
All areas of work for the child, both internal and external have been planned with extreme care to facilitate self learning, and implement the objectives set in the curriculum.
Cognitive / Academic Learning
In order to meet our curriculum objectives, we take the children through a structured learning program for 4 years, which involves a lot of structured and focussed activities. No activity in the school is meaningless or done without a clear cut objective and outcome for the child.
In the 2 to 4 years category, we begin with fine motor and practical life skills. English is introduced with phonetics. Mathematics is introduced with materials that help the child comprehend this very abstract area. There are also a variety of activities that aid cognitive development and logical thinking.
In the 4 to 6 age group, children are taken through a program that covers fairly complex areas of language, mathematics, geography, history and science in a manner that will help them explore, discover and understand the fundamentals.
Purpose of Education
Aid the children in becoming independent thinkers and doers, in other words enhance skills that will make them excel at whatever they do!!
Create a social awareness so the world can be a better place to live in, in other words foster social skills & values that will make them good human beings!!
What Differentiates us?
- Child centric approach rather than teacher centric
- Strong Montessori based philosophy & method also incorporating best practices from other early childhood philosophies
- Goes way beyond song & dance routines, nursery rhymes and simple playing with toys
- Strong focus on a structured curriculum
- Comprehensive set of objectives for the overall development of the child
- Materials and tools for learning designed for the curriculum
- A methodology that instills a sense of purpose & interest to work hard in the child
- Revolutionary assessment technique
- A structured learning program for the overall development of the child
- Tight integration between curriculum objectives, materials, activities, teacher training & assessment ensuring there is no disconnect.